[IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0 alpha 9 released

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Dec 26 11:30:02 PST 2001

>>      You should probably look into what check_access_cumode()
>> (modules/chanserv/access.c) is doing; that part of the
>> code has been
>> thoroughly redone and gotten almost no testing.  I'm not
>> sure what would
>> cause the autovoice level to get set to 0.
>
>Ahh, I wasn't very clear there - the autovoice level was set to 0 on
>the version 4 services by my chanops to make it easier to silence
>certain users :). On the v5 net, with both the xOP and Levels modules
>loaded, nothing happens to level 0 users, and users previously
>autoopped (levels 5+) are all set mode +hq (insofar as that there is
>more than one +q user in the room...).

     Hm, I'll have to take a look into that... but it will have to be after
I get back from vacation, I think. (:  If you want to look into it yourself,
check_access_cumode() is a good place to start, as mentioned above.

>- The news.db database (imported from version 4) corrupted rather
>easily the first time I sent services a SIGTERM. Now I get [Oper
>News - Jan 01 1970] (null).

     I, uh, fixed that.  Really.  The gremlins must have backed out my
commit, or something.

>- The /os rehash command doesn't seem to rehash very many
>configuration options. I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen
>any of the modules.conf options updated using this command.

     It should get most of them, and you should get log messages for ones
that can't be dynamically updated.  (However, this is only since alpha 8;
alpha 7 didn't have support for reconfiguration in the modules.)  At the
least I've been able to make OperServ dynamically change nicks here.

>- httpd/auth-password doesn't seem to work at all for me:
>Module httpd/auth-password
>    AuthName            "PhaseNet Test IRC Services"
>    Protect     /debug          "quack:quack"
>    Protect     /dbaccess       "quack:quack"
>EndModule
>
>No auth box is presented

     Hm, it seems to have broken somewhere.  I'll look into this as well.

>- The httpd/dbaccess module is very useful for debugging
>access/levels problems such as the above, but it would be quite handy
>to have a http://serviceshost/dbaccess/chanserv/chan/levels page,
>showing the xOP levels sometimes.

     Added to TODO.

  --Andrew Church