[IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0 alpha 9 released

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Dec 26 14:23:28 PST 2001

>Ahh, I wasn't very clear there - the autovoice level was set to 0 on
>the version 4 services by my chanops to make it easier to silence
>certain users :). On the v5 net, with both the xOP and Levels modules
>loaded, nothing happens to level 0 users, and users previously
>autoopped (levels 5+) are all set mode +hq (insofar as that there is
>more than one +q user in the room...).
[...]
>- The news.db database (imported from version 4) corrupted rather
>easily the first time I sent services a SIGTERM. Now I get [Oper
>News - Jan 01 1970] (null).
[...]
>- httpd/auth-password doesn't seem to work at all for me:
>Module httpd/auth-password
>    AuthName            "PhaseNet Test IRC Services"
>    Protect     /debug          "quack:quack"
>    Protect     /dbaccess       "quack:quack"
>EndModule
>
>No auth box is presented
>
>- The httpd/dbaccess module is very useful for debugging
>access/levels problems such as the above, but it would be quite handy
>to have a http://serviceshost/dbaccess/chanserv/chan/levels page,
>showing the xOP levels sometimes.

     Okay, these are all fixed, and I'll put out another alpha release
with the fixes in a moment.  Ironically, the +hq bug, which I thought
would be tricky to track down, turned out to be a simple one-line fix,
while the dbaccess levels addition, which seemed pretty simple at first
glance, took a bit of reorganizing things.  Just goes to show something
or other, I guess...

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/