[IRCServices Coding] Fwd: Possible Bug? (or am I misinterpreting something?)

Todd Punderson todd at doonga.net
Wed Jan 30 00:34:45 PST 2002

Hello,
   Ooops, accidentally posted this to the wrong list...
   Under alpha 17, I have a channel set up like this:

ChanServ: Information for channel #doonga:
ChanServ: Founder: Doonga
ChanServ: Description: DoongaNET IRC Main Help Channel
ChanServ: Registered: Jan 15 00:02:31 2002 EST
ChanServ: Last used: Jan 28 20:59:33 2002 EST
ChanServ: Last topic: Welcome to DoongaNET IRC. Please be patient and an
admin (@ or +) will be along soon to help you.
ChanServ: Topic set by: Doonga
ChanServ: Entry message: Welcome
ChanServ: Options: Topic Retention, Topic Lock, Secure Ops, Secure,
Op-Notice, Enforce
ChanServ: Mode lock: +nt
ChanServ: This channel will not expire.

The levels for the channel are as such:

ChanServ: Access level settings for channel #doonga:
ChanServ: AUTOPROTECT 10
ChanServ: AUTOOP 5
ChanServ: AUTOHALFOP 4
ChanServ: AUTOVOICE 3
ChanServ: AUTODEOP -1
ChanServ: NOJOIN -2
ChanServ: INVITE 5
ChanServ: AKICK 10
ChanServ: SET 10000
ChanServ: CLEAR 10000
ChanServ: UNBAN 5
ChanServ: ACC-LIST 0
ChanServ: ACC-CHANGE 10
ChanServ: MEMO 10
ChanServ: OP-DEOP 5
ChanServ: VOICE 3
ChanServ: HALFOP 4
ChanServ: PROTECT 10
ChanServ: KICK 5

And users are set as:

ChanServ: Access list for #doonga:
ChanServ: Num Lev Nick
ChanServ: 1 10 Gusman1
ChanServ: 2 10 norked1
ChanServ: 3 10 Darkangel
ChanServ: 4 5 sykkbot
ChanServ: 5 5 todd

Now, given all that...User todd cannot use the unban command, it says
"Permission Denied." When he tries to use it. I had a similer problem with
norked1 and gusman1, so I bumped their access level to 10 before I realized
the issue.

Temporarily I made another channel:

ChanServ: Information for channel #testing:
ChanServ: Founder: Doonga
ChanServ: Description: testing
ChanServ: Registered: Jan 28 21:08:53 2002 EST
ChanServ: Last used: Jan 28 21:09:52 2002 EST
ChanServ: Options: Topic Retention, Secure, Op-Notice
ChanServ: Mode lock: +nt

ChanServ: Access level settings for channel #testing:
ChanServ: AUTOPROTECT 10
ChanServ: AUTOOP 5
ChanServ: AUTOHALFOP 4
ChanServ: AUTOVOICE 3
ChanServ: AUTODEOP -1
ChanServ: NOJOIN -2
ChanServ: INVITE 5
ChanServ: AKICK 10
ChanServ: SET 10000
ChanServ: CLEAR 10000
ChanServ: UNBAN 5
ChanServ: ACC-LIST 0
ChanServ: ACC-CHANGE 4
ChanServ: MEMO 10
ChanServ: OP-DEOP 5
ChanServ: VOICE 3
ChanServ: HALFOP 4
ChanServ: PROTECT 10
ChanServ: KICK 5

ChanServ: Access list for #testing:
ChanServ: Num Lev Nick
ChanServ: 1 5 todd

The unban command works properly for channel #testing. I'm more than willing
to admit that I am misinterpreting one of the SET options and it is working
properly. But if not, here's a bug report. :)
Thanks for the help, if more info is needed, please ask.
Todd