[IRCServices Coding] A not-quite-so-subtle, but pretty nasty, levels bug (a.k.a. no bugs for several days, then 5 come along at once ;)

Russell Garrett rg at tcslon.com
Sat Feb 2 03:59:33 PST 2002

I found this one by fidding about with my last bug, and is best summed up by this transcript (my comments in [square brackets]):

-> ChanServ levels #chat list
<ChanServ> Access level settings for channel #chat:
<ChanServ> AUTOPROTECT 10
<ChanServ> AUTOOP 5
<ChanServ> AUTOHALFOP 4
<ChanServ> AUTOVOICE 0
<ChanServ> AUTODEOP -1
<ChanServ> NOJOIN -2
<ChanServ> INVITE 5
<ChanServ> AKICK 10
<ChanServ> SET (disabled)
<ChanServ> CLEAR (disabled)
<ChanServ> UNBAN 5
<ChanServ> ACC-LIST 0
<ChanServ> ACC-CHANGE 10
<ChanServ> MEMO 10
<ChanServ> OP-DEOP 5
<ChanServ> VOICE 3
<ChanServ> HALFOP 4
<ChanServ> PROTECT 10
<ChanServ> KICK 5

-> ChanServ levels #chat DIS AUTOHALFOP
<ChanServ> AUTOHALFOP disabled on channel #chat.

-> ChanServ levels #chat list
<ChanServ> Access level settings for channel #chat:
<ChanServ> AUTOPROTECT 10
<ChanServ> AUTOOP 5
<ChanServ> AUTOHALFOP (disabled)	[AUTOHALFOP is disabled... all good so far]
<ChanServ> AUTOVOICE 3			[hello... AUTOVOICE is randomly reset...]
<ChanServ> AUTODEOP -1
<ChanServ> NOJOIN -2
<ChanServ> INVITE 5
<ChanServ> AKICK 10
<ChanServ> SET 10000			[SET and CLEAR - formerly disabled, are now level 10000!]
<ChanServ> CLEAR 10000
<ChanServ> UNBAN 5
<ChanServ> ACC-LIST 0
<ChanServ> ACC-CHANGE 4