[IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0 Miunor Bugs/glitches/suggestions

Mark Hetherington mark at mhetherington.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 16:41:22 PST 2002

Thanks for the prompt response and fixes.

> >3) Bug: Memoserv send does not always confirm that a memo has
> been sent even
> >though it has. This only seems to affect some users and I have
> yet to find
> >what it is about particular users that causes this.
>
>      I haven't been able to reproduce this, and can't fix it without more
> information.

Trying to track this down. Any ideas as to what could cause such an issue? I
get it all the time. I am services root but even when using a different non
linked nickname I can still get it (using same client and setup that worked
with 4.5.x). Other users that have experienced it have no "status" so I do
not think my services access is affecting it in any case. I will get chance
to try on a completely different system and connection tomorrow (work) and
go from there.

> >4) Bug: Help responses which involve 2 pseudo client names do
> not appear to
> >display correctly. E.g. the /cs help register command will
> display the name
> >of the ChanServ client correctly, but seemingly a random string for the
> >NickServ client
>
>      I can't reproduce this.

Off-list email sent of config and details of a network exhibiting said
problem in case it is a combination of settings which cause this.

>      I don't like the proliferation of log files that would create; if it
> bothers you to have everything in one logfile, just write a script that
> parses them out to separate files or something.  As for the other
> point, an
> access-log-like thing is under consideration.

It doesn't bother me having everything in one log file. It was mainly the
lack of information in the httpd messages and their high proliferation rate
compared with other modules which made me consider a seperate log file for
it. Multiple log files was just an extension of the idea for discussion. The
access log would solve the information in the message, but hopefully this
would be coupled with a simple (configuration possibly) way to disable the
standard message in the main log file.

> >9) Not sure if this is a known problem listed anywhere but I
> haven't found
> >it in the docs, Services 5 will not parse a Version 4.5.x
> exception.db file.
> >The following error appears in the log file:
> >
> >database/version4: Read error on exception.db
>
>      Can you send me an example database that has this problem?

Sent off-list.

Mark.