[IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0 Miunor Bugs/glitches/suggestions

Mark Hetherington mark at mhetherington.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 12:24:18 PST 2002

[snip Memoserv not sending the confirmation of sent messages]
>      Out of curiosity, does this happen every time to affected
> users or just
> sometimes?  Do you get any strange log messages?

Yes it happens every time to affected users.

No strange log messages occur.

I have now tried with a completely new nickname on a new install of MIRC on
a PC previously without an IRC client installed, from a different location
and had the same issue occur.

The one thing that may be relevant is that the sends were sent before the
nick AUTH was activated (The email didn't arrive in time for me to check
post AUTH on this new machine). All other nicks so far with problems, have
not been through the AUTH procedure since they existed prior to it being
available. PRobably grasping at straws but could something in the AUTH be
involved?

I guess the only thing left to try is to add lots of log messages into
memoserv and see if it is actually trying to send the message.

Mark.