[IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0 alpha 20 -- you know you want it

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Feb 8 13:18:29 PST 2002

     Services 5.0 alpha 20 is out at the usual place.  The big change this
time is that channel access levels have been rescaled; they now range from
-999 to 999 (1/10 of the previous range), and default levels have been
spread out by a factor of 10, so it looks something like this:

      100  AUTOPROTECT (SOP)
       50  AUTOOP (AOP)
       40  AUTOHALFOP (HOP)
       30  AUTOVOICE (VOP)
      -10  AUTODEOP
      -20  NOJOIN

I toyed with the idea of spreading out AOP/HOP/VOP and AUTODEOP/NOJOIN even
more but figured it would be easier on people to leave them as is.  At any
rate, if you don't like this, tough; I'm not changing my mind.  (Bribes are
accepted, but will get you absolutely nothing except my gratitude. :) )

     Many other bug fixes and stuff have been done too; see below.  In
summary, go get it now--you know you want it.

Changes in version 5.0 alpha 20
-------------------------------
2002/02/08	Mode changes from a single event are now merged into a
		    single mode message even if MergeChannelModes isn't set.
2002/02/08	Made ChanServ STATUS command available to normal users.
2002/02/08	Rescaled access levels to make better use of the available
		    range (itself reduced to -999..999).
2002/02/08	Fixed bug causing modes for one channel to get sent to a
		    different one in certain cases.
2002/02/08	EnableGetpass, NSEnableRegister, and CSEnableRegister
		    options are now properly handled on reconfigure.
2002/02/07	Marked the mail/sendmail module as DISCOURAGED in
		    example-ircservices.conf.
2002/02/07	Prevent registration of channel names not starting with "#"
		    to avoid problems with ircds with other channel types.
2002/02/07	Fixes and changes suggested by Mark Hetherington