[IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0 alpha 20 -- you know you want it

Jollino jollino at sogno.net
Fri Feb 8 05:39:13 PST 2002

/me today looks at things with a critic eye, so I'm going to suggest
some other features :P

Venerdì, febbraio 8, 2002, alle 05:18 , Andrew Church ha scritto:

> 2002/02/08	Mode changes from a single event are now merged into a
> 		    single mode message even if MergeChannelModes isn't set.
this is cool!

> 2002/02/08	Made ChanServ STATUS command available to normal users.
this is cool, but if the network allows use of sop/aop/hop/vop it should
return "sop" or "aop" or something like that, if the user level falls
into the standard value (eg. 50 for aop); this would allow users that
know nothing about numeric levels to still understand what privileges
someone has.

> 2002/02/08	Rescaled access levels to make better use of the available
> 		    range (itself reduced to -999..999).
nice

< cut

> 2002/02/07	Prevent registration of channel names not starting with "#"
> 		    to avoid problems with ircds with other channel types.
i got a bunch of help requests by people who kept doing:
  /cs register channel pass description
instead of
  /cs register #channel pass description
it would be nice if services warned the user to use #channel instead of
channel (or if it registered #channel if just channel was given)

> 		    - The channel "#" can no longer be registered or forbidden.
mmm? why? we used to have it on our network :)

that's all, i have no more critic ideas.. your work is so perfect i
can't really find anything bad about it :P

regards
  daniele
--
Jollino [jollino at sogno dot net - jollino at chieti dot ch]
IRC Operator on irc.discussioni.org