[IRCServices Coding] Services 5 - Suggestions/Queries

Mark Hetherington mark at mhetherington.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 10 05:50:29 PST 2002

> Finny Merrill wrote
[Re SQLine reasons]
> Change SQlineReason to "%s"

/me kicks himself.
Thanks. That will teach me to configure stuff at nearly 3am :)

So, a change to the suggestion. The SZLine reason has both options in the
example configuration, one is commented out by default. Perhaps both options
could be presented in a similar manner for SQLINE and SGLINE.

[Adding SQLines to the current IRCd list]
> bahamut and unreal allow this, what are you using?

Unreal. But the QLines reported by the IRCd remain those in it's own
configuration files and do not include services set ones.

[IP information for SZLINE]
> IP information is only in bahamut

What are you basing this on? If it is the format of the "connecting from"
message as discussed in my post, then this is relatively trivial to change
in Unreal. The question posed was more how does services determine the
support in the IRCd and what information does it require that is not
present.

Mark.