[IRCServices Coding] lists

Andrew Kempe andrewk at isdial.net
Thu Feb 14 01:50:21 PST 2002

The problem with regexps is that it is possible to get the parser into a
loop. Obviously coders try to avoid this on their own systems, but users
have a habbit of valliantly trying to break things on services. Poorly
formed regexps can also take ages to run. Again, this would be something
users would try to exploit.

Andrew