[IRCServices Coding] GCC3

Kelmar K. Firesun kfiresun at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 26 05:05:56 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Finny Merrill" <griever at t2n.org>
To: <ircservices-coding at ircservices.za.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 2:19 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCServices Coding] GCC3

] ... SNIP ... [

> > "6" is printed: 1 byte + 1 byte of padding + 2*2 bytes.
> wierd, I always though structs were multiples of 4 bytes.

6 would imply a 16bit alignment, I would expect it to
display 8 for 32bit alignment.  I'll also note that after
testing this on another compiler, I was not able to adjust
this number even when I told it to use a different boundary.

http://developer.intel.com/design/mobile/manuals/24281603.pdf

According to the above it would appear that data should
be alligned on a 32-byte boundary for structures larger than
32-bytes.  (There are also some other gnifty points in there ;)

Mmm... Assembly...... :9

Kelmar K. Firesun (IRL: Bryce Simonds)
Acting Admin: dream.esper.net