[IRCServices Coding] Another database bug (a.k.a bang goes my nicks.db again ;)

Mark Hetherington mark at ctcp.net
Thu Feb 28 07:02:46 PST 2002

> Russell Garrett wrote
> The "New maximum user count" messages come up every time though,
> which is a bit odd.

That is odd. Maybe your stats.db file is corrupt?

Just rebooted our services to make sure I don't get problems with the user
counts and I don't, but it does seem that I am getting
the "database/version4: BUG: nickgroup with ID 0 found during write
(skipping)" error again now despite it not happening after the reboot last
night. Going to track back through the log, see if I can find anything odd.

I wouldn't worry too much about it other than increased log size since no
read error on boot means your nick database is not lost. I have been
running with this problem for a couple weeks before services was able to
detect it without suffering too many problems and I guess a24 will fix this
one for good. Seems the workaround I posted last night must just have been
a lucky fluke.

--
Mark.