[IRCServices Coding] Re: [IRCServices] IRC Services 5.0a24 segfault on startup

Mark Hetherington mark at ctcp.net
Wed Mar 13 16:22:45 PST 2002

> Andrew Church wrote
>      Okay, I think this is because of the way 5.0 saves nicks with the
> same nickgroup, and it's not treating forbidden nicks properly.  Can you
> send me your DBs so I can test it myself?

DB files sent off list.

Since I managed to develop a workaround for the problem to upgrade the
version running on my production network, I now have the patched 5.0a24
running on 5.0a23 db files on a test machine here and producing the same
error, so if you need me to do any more tests/patches let me know.

Current output from gdb is:

Starting program: /home/markh/services/bin/./ircservices

open_nick_db (dbname=0x8120bc0 "nick.db") at version4.c:469
469                 ARRAY_EXTEND(ngi->nicks);
(gdb) backtrace
#0  open_nick_db (dbname=0x8120bc0 "nick.db") at version4.c:469
#1  0x401888a3 in init_module (module_=0x8120a60) at main.c:1524
#2  0x80541ac in internal_init_module (module=0x8120a60) at modules.c:354
#3  0x805423f in load_module (modulename=0x807abe8 "nickserv/main") at
modules.c:383
#4  0x8050438 in init (ac=1, av=0xbffffaf4) at init.c:681
#5  0x80520ec in main (ac=1, av=0xbffffaf4, envp=0xbffffafc) at main.c:175

--