[IRCServices Coding] Fwd: Re: [IRCServices] /ns ghost exploit

V13 v13 at it.teithe.gr
Thu Mar 14 16:25:39 PST 2002

I'm forwarding this here, since i'm not 'directly' subscribed to irc-services
list and it will not accept it...

Subject: Re: [IRCServices] /ns ghost exploit
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 01:41:17 +0200
From: V13 <v13 at it.teithe.gr>
To: ircservices at ircservices.za.net

On Thursday 14 March 2002 10:47, J.Brown (Ender/Amigo) wrote:
> Personally, I really don't see too much of a problem with this. Sure, it
> would be nice if the new user was just asked by Nickserv to change his
> nickname - but..

For Andrew...

 Why not change the nickname instead of killing him and also send a notice
about 'nickname bellongs to another one'? IRCDs will take care of dead
connections. Or even better, make this an option to services.conf

>   (James Brown) | [Nehahra, ScummVM, PureLS, www.QuakeSrc.org]

<<V13>>