[IRCServices Coding] Services Admin : Global Access to Channel Settings

Mark Hetherington mark at ctcp.net
Tue Apr 9 11:46:32 PDT 2002

> Adrian Cantrill wrote:
> Another "bug" possibly not sure if its intentional.
>
> Should a service oper / admin be able to modify the access list on
> channels where they have no specific access ? it kinda seems logical to
> me that they should be able to, but on alpha 27 (going to upgrade to 28
> later) I seem not to be able to.

I am pretty sure it is intentional. Services opers have restrictions on
what they can change via services. Services admins have more powers but
still cannot alter every possible setting of channels/nicknames.

Personally, I see no need for services users to have the power to manage
channel access lists where they have not been given such access. It should
be entirely up to the channel founder and his/her selected opers to manage
the access list for a channel.

--
Mark.