AW: [IRCServices Coding] ircservices5.0a28 various

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 11 07:50:35 PDT 2002

Hi,

> >[Apr 10 18:49:30 2002] protocol/bahamut: WARNING: missing IP address
> >for new nick Irch This happens when you use bahamut's oper
> hostmasking.
> >I guess bahamut doesn't send the IP when connecting with a
> masked host.
>
>      What is oper hostmasking, anyway?

It is the way Bahamut uses to fake ircop hostnames via the #define
STAFF_HOST

The function bahamut uses for this feature removes the sptr->ip and
replaces sptr->hostip with 0.0.0.0 leading to a 0 in the NICK line. This
is by design. That log warning can be ignored, I believe.

> >Also, should non-AUTH'd nicks be set kill enforced?  This
> setting gets
> >applied to new nicks if specified in the config.  Shouldn't
> the default
> >settings be applied after the nick is fully registered?
>
>      Good point.

Services should even not set users +r when identifying to a non
authenticated nickname, to prevent clone attacks to +R channels or
flooding +R users, by simply registered and identifying.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |