[IRCServices Coding] 5.0a28 seemingly inaccurate startup warnings in log

Mark Hetherington mark at ctcp.net
Thu Apr 11 10:20:07 PDT 2002

After installing Services 5.0a28, I booted services, used /operserv
shutdown, then started services again.

>From that point and on all subsequent runs of Services, a number of
warnings appear in the log file from services of the format:

IRC Services 5.0a28 starting up
database/version4: warning: autokick mismatch in extension data for channel
#admins (corrupt database?): expected 2, got 2

As can be seen from this example, the two numbers where services thinks it
has found a problem are equal so I am not sure what services actually
thinks the problem is.

The warning output code seems to be performing a check with one set of
parameters but reporting the error using a different set of parameters:

    if (count != ci->access_count && ci != &dummy_ci) {
	module_log("warning: autokick mismatch in extension data"
	   " for channel %s (corrupt database?): expected"
	   " %d, got %d", ci->name, ci->akick_count, count);

i.e. ci->access_count as used for the check is not the same variable as ci-

--
Mark.