[IRCServices Coding] Odd problems with Services 5.0a33

Panagiotis Kefalidis ( Gizm0 ) gizm0 at mail.gr
Mon May 20 09:39:43 PDT 2002

Óôßò Sun, 19 May 2002 18:15:24 +0100 (BST) "Mark Hetherington" Ýãñáøå:

> As other people have posted, I seem to also have the seemingly random
> segfault followed by corrupted nickname database problem (Services is
> linked to Unreal). AFAICT nothing has happened nor any messages issued to
> services to trigger this so I assume it is during one of Services timed
> updates:
>
> [ircservices.log] Services terminating: Segmentation fault
> [ircservices.log] IRC Services 5.0a33 starting up
> [ircservices.log] FATAL: database/version4: Invalid format in nick.db
>
> Another seemingly random problem that I have seen once or twice in
> the past
> but almost every time I start services with this latest alpha is:
>
> [ircservices.log] IRC Services 5.0a33 starting up
> [ircservices.log] sockets: [v]sockprintf() with NULL socket!
> [ircservices.log] sockets: [v]sockprintf() with NULL socket!
> [ircservices.log] sockets: [v]sockprintf() with NULL socket!
> [ircservices.log] sockets: [v]sockprintf() with NULL socket!
> [ircservices.log] sockets: [v]sockprintf() with NULL socket!
> [ircservices.log] sockets: [v]sockprintf() with NULL socket!
> [ircservices.log] sockets: [v]sockprintf() with NULL socket!
>
> The number of socket errors varies from none to several.
>
> While going through the logs since the upgrade and looking for possible
> causes, I came across the following during one startup:
>
> [ircservices.log] nickserv/main: Expiring nickname jcat-buffy
> [ircservices.log] database/version4: Extension data found for nonexisting
> nick `jcat-buffy'

I've report it also but church has answered in a very ironic way coz i
haven't updated the version.h to log as "Starting IRCServices a33 "and
not "Starting IRCServices a29". :)

"I can see the darkness in your eyes."
              Gizm0.-

http://www.mail.gr/ - Get Your Private Free Email Address!