[IRCServices Coding] SQL DB

Russell Garrett rg at tcslon.com
Sat May 25 10:53:00 PDT 2002

> you obviously heard/read/were told wrongly then.
> there would be little point in only doing the access lists
> in SQL form, what
> might be happening, is the *ENTIRE DATABASE* done in SQL,
> i heard some1 was
> working on a module to do this, i recently asked who, and
> when it would be
> compleated, but with no responce.

I said I *might* have a go, but Andy informed me that the current
module structure doesn't lend itself to making other database modules
currently, although this will change in 5.1. If I make a module for
5.0, it will certainly be experimental and not for production use
until 5.1 comes around and I can fix it and ensure it will be
maintainable in the future. Additionally, I won't be able to try for
a month or so yet, as I'm quite busy at the moment.

Russ Garrett
russ at garrett.co.uk
http://www.faereal.net