[IRCServices Coding] httpd question

Ben Goldstein beng at nc.rr.com
Wed May 29 16:42:13 PDT 2002

> Hope this one's really easy to fix, but the manual (for this section) is
> rather vague....
>
> How do I get the http module to actually OUTPUT the information to the web
> dir??

ircservices' httpd module does not actually write files for web content.
When you access the webserver, all the content and pages are generated in
realtime, straight from ircservices.  To access the information, point your
webbrowser to http://your.services.machine:port.  If you do not have a
top-page, you will have to go directly to any "pages" you defined in
modules.conf.

If you used the examples in modules.conf, try
http://your.machine:port/dbaccess or http://your.machine:port/debug.  It is
a very good idea to have these password protected and limit their access
with AllowHost/DenyHost.  If you have registered nicks/channels with URL
set, you can access those URL's through the httpd, too.  If you enabled the
httpd/redirect directive, http://your.machine:port/~nick and
http://your.machine:port/channel/channame should work.

> Is there a template top_page.htm file i shoudl know about??

http/top-page is included so you can create your own opening menu/welcome
page for ircservices.  From this page you could include links to the other
facets of ircservices' httpd.  This can be a text file or HTML, which makes
more sense, created from an editor or a webpage creation editor.  Since
there are several different URLs that can be accessed (as mentioned above),
it is probably a good idea to make your own toppage that has
links/instructions to get around the ircservices/httpd "site".

> Thanks

You're welcome

-- Ben Goldstein (beng at nc.rr.com)