[IRCServices Coding] still having smtp_readline problems

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu May 30 19:24:16 PDT 2002

     OR is correct.  The code reads "repeat the loop if -EITHER- (1) we
haven't seen an end-of-line character (i.e. this line hasn't been
completely read) -OR- we have read the line completely, but si->replychar
(the fourth character of the line) is not a space."  The second condition
is required to handle multiple-line SMTP replies, in which the fourth
character of every line except the last one is '-', and the fourth
character of the last line is a space.

     Maybe your mail server is broken?

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org