[IRCServices Coding] feature request

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Sun Jun 2 02:54:30 PDT 2002

Hi,

I'm eagerly awaiting 5.0 and would love to see this feature in it.

Support for mlock channel mode L when compiled for Unreal (3.2). The mode is
used to "link" channels and must be accompanied by an l mode to set a user
limit. The mode takes one parameter, the target channel.

eg. MODE #chan1 +lL 5 #chan2

Would make users automatically join #chan2 when #chan1 reaches the 5 user
limit.

Would also love to have a feature where services admins can redirect entire
channels. This would mean ChanServ joining and holding the channel open and
setting modes +nslL 1 #redirchan. Maybe include an expiry value to these.

I wish I could help more with offering actual code, but my C skills are crud
:/

Thanks,
Aragon