[IRCServices Coding] NS LINK and NS SET PRIVATE

Romek Krisztian r-krisztian at softhome.net
Mon Jun 17 22:47:45 PDT 2002

1. I don't know if it's offtopic or not, but when i want to link my nick to
an other nick and use other characters than just letters, then i have a
message similar to that:

-NickServ- [AngryWolf] is not a valid nickname.

I think services should accept these form of nicks because I can register the
nick and link it to my original one:

-NickServ- Nickname [AngryWolf] has been registered to you.

I know that it's too hard to check validity of nicks, I hope you can go
through it.

2. We know that "Nicks with the PRIVATE option set will not be displayed" in
LIST and LISTEMAIL. And if I turn on NSListOpersOnly then only IRC Operators
can use NickServ LIST and LISTEMAIL command, so there's no need to use
NickServ SET PRIVATE option. Am I right?

Romek Krisztian