[IRCServices Coding] DAtaBase Problems in v4.5

Colin Thorpe(SCF) ghozer at scfclan.com
Sun Jun 23 05:33:08 PDT 2002

I Have looked, There is no  (*.db.bak) - All i had was teh *.db - (nick,
channel, oper... etc)

Ghozer
-----------------------------------
irc.linkirc.net
You'r first link to the world of IRC
-----------------------------------

>From: achurch at achurch.org (Andrew Church)
>To: ircservices-coding at ircservices.za.net
>Subject: Re: [IRCServices Coding] DAtaBase Problems in v4.5
>Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 12:51:45 JST
>
>     This problem is known to occur in version 4.5; in this case, there
>should be backup files (*.db.bak) which you can restore from.  Version 5.0
>is designed to be robust with respect to out-of-space errors and will leave
>the old files intact and issue a warning when it runs out of disk space.
>(Of course, this won't prevent something else, like an automatic disk
>cleaning program or an OS bug, from corrupting or deleting the databases.)
>
>  --Andrew Church
>    achurch at achurch.org
>    http://achurch.org/
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Earlier last night My whole network Crashed as I ran out of Disk space,
>>
>>The Services "crashed" and took with it the IRCD and ProxyScanner -
>>
>>when i re-started them all - the services would not start, I Had to Delete
the Services Databases and re-start them again as the databases became
corrupted (When i viewed them, they were blank Except for the channel.db But
it would not Read it) - Once i >>deleted them, I started the services, and
they are fine now... (I have up-graded my HDD too)

>>But the main issue is, Can you not Make it so the services send GLOBOP
Message or somthing and an "error/sorry" message to the user (Who-ever
issued the command) If the HDD Space Get's low..