AW: [IRCServices Coding] Databases

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Jul 27 03:31:11 PDT 2002

Hello;

The convert-db utility will produce an xml file as an output, when
piped into a file.
You take this file, and go to the web interface and say "import" it.
Then, using your collision settings, the content of the file is
imported to your db set directly. There is no additional step required.
Since your dbs are not xml, you also do not need merging them with
external files. The db import option directly writes into your db
from the xml file.

And yes, import is complete for at least older ircservices versions
AND ircservices with trircd modifications ;-)
Other versions I did not check, but they are out of interest for you
anyway.

There is a problem known to me with command line import, which will
be solved in pre6. Maybe ist generally a better idea from you to
wait until pre6 is released.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |