[IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0pre9 released

Craig McLure frostycoolslug at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 06:16:30 PDT 2002

no offence meant.. but isnt that what betas are for? the current problem is
that some users want NOOP and NOJOIN and others want SECUREOPS and
RESTRICTED.. i lead an IRC Network for an online multiplayer stratigy, as
well as a normal network for people everywhere, some channels want
restricted so only alliance members can join, others just want to stop 1
particular user from joining...

>From: achurch at achurch.org (Andrew Church)
>To: ircservices-coding at ircservices.za.net
>Subject: Re: [IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0pre9 released
>Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:58:44 JST
>
>      One of the main problems with allowing both is what you do when e.g.
>AUTODEOP is set positive and SECUREOPS is set, when NOJOIN is set higher
>than AUTODEOP, etc.  Yes, I could write logic to handle all this, but that
>gets complex, and complexity leads to bugs.  Negative access levels aren't
>used for anything else at the moment anyway, so I'd personally prefer that
>you got used to SECUREOPS and RESTRICTED instead.
>
>   --Andrew Church
>     achurch at achurch.org
>     http://achurch.org/
>
> >now a few people have appeared saying they use RESTRICTED and SECUREOPS..
> >chances are these may cause arguments.. granted, SECUREOPS and RESTICTED
>are
> >just mass NOJOIN and NOOP some users would rather have them.. than having
> >set every nickname on the network to -1 and -100 on the access list :p
> >
> >i have a feeling there is gonna be a dispute over this.. possibly have
>the
> >option to switch NOJOIN and NOOP as well as RESTRICTED and SECUREOPS off
>and
> >on in the config file? means everyone who wants them.. can have them, and
> >also saves arguments :)

Craig McLure
Craig at chatspike.net
Network Administrator of the ChatSpike IRC Network.
ChatSpike, the users network! www.chatspike.net