[IRCServices Coding] ChanServ Mode Bug?

Arathorn arathorn at theonering.net
Fri Sep 6 16:03:22 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "M" <mark at ctcp.net>
To: <ircservices-coding at ircservices.za.net>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 11:46 PM
Subject: RE: [IRCServices Coding] ChanServ Mode Bug?

> Arathorn wrote:
> > I can confirm that under Unreal 3.1.4 that when having given myself a
mode
> > on a channel of +q (using /mode whilst opered):
> >
> > /oper Arathorn password
> [snip]
>
> Results snipped since your test is invalid from this point as you are an
> oper and not subject to the same rules as "normal" users.

The whole point of my 'test' was that after initially opering up in order to
set #channel +q Arathorn - i promptly deopered (with /mode Arathorn -o).  Or
does that still count as being 'opered'?

Anyway, on repeating the whole exercise whilst *not opered* (and never have
been opered that session) - i.e. registering a new channel to gain founder
status (and thus also +q on join), precisely the same behaviour is observed.
I can deop, but whilst I still am +q on the channel, I can op and deop any
other user.  I repeat - at no point in any of that was I opered.

Please read the whole mail next time before feeling the need to shoot it
down in flames; I was after all just trying to provide Andrew with the
confirmation he requested.  This behaviour doesn't pose any problem in my
configuration, at any rate.

A.

arathorn at theonering.net