[IRCServices Coding] ChanServ Mode Bug?

Colin Thorpe(SCF) ghozer at scfclan.com
Fri Sep 6 17:02:48 PDT 2002

>I still can't understand
> why this +q behaviour impacts on IRCServices - everytime I try to unravel
> the original mail my brain freezes.

What;s there to un-ravell,

A User is +oq when they join the channel Chanserv set's this, They -o them
selves, they are STILL +q - They can +ovo and -ovb users, basically do
everything they could as a +o.. BUT< When they try to re op them selves
(meee set's mode +o meee)
chanserv deop's them, and set's -q, (ChanServ set's mode -oq meee) - now,
Why the IRCD and/or the services does this, Is still somthing of a mystery,
What I am going to try is this, If I +q the user without chanserv in the
channel (IE, not a registered channel) If i make them "channel owner" then
can they -o them selves, and still do things, If they can, it's the IRCD, if
not, it's the services, Simple as that.. I'll maili results after..