[IRCServices Coding] 2 chanserv suggestions

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Wed Sep 18 05:43:11 PDT 2002

| By MaNUaL <manual3000 at hotmail.com>
|                                          [ 2002-09-18 14:11 +0200 ]
> Hi. I have the following suggestions.
> 1.
> In /cs access #channel list      you can only list a given nickname ,all the
> list or access entries by number.
> I think it would be usefull if you could perform a list depending on the
> level of the access a user has(especially when the acc list is full of
> names).
> For example if 5 users have access 500 you could perform a command like: /cs
> access #channel listacc 500     and that should return that 5 nicks.

I'd also love a feature like this. Or a way to list the access list sorted
by access level.

> 2.
> Many users in irc networks give ACC-CHANGE level to many users of their
> channels. So the founder cannot see who has added or modified an access on
> his channel-acc list. So it would be useful if by performing /cs access
> #channel list you could see something like that:
> -ChanServ-     1    50  user1 (id at host.smth.com) [Added By: Founder
> (9/16/2002)]
> -ChanServ-     2    60  user2 [Modified By: nick4 (9/10/2002)]
> This is only an example.just to give you the idea... maybe it takes too much
> resources... but many users ask about such a feature.

Hmmm, I haven't looked at how services stores access levels yet, but I'd
imagine it doesn't keep a record of who set an access level entry.

What we did to get around this was to make services log all channel access level
changes to a log file similar to services.log. Only certain admins have access
to it, but then it's not often we need to checkup on it.

Regards,
Aragon