[IRCServices Coding] Some IMHO usefull features

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sun Sep 22 20:02:31 PDT 2002

>1. a reject mail feature, allowing services admins to give a wildcard
>list of forbidden email addresses.

     I am considering something like this for the future, but as I've said
before I won't add any more features to 5.0 at this point.  Also, this
would have no practical effect on bounces, since the attacker could just
use arbitrary (nonexistent) domain names.  (There was a related suggestion
to do an MX lookup on the domain names used, but that would require
significant work to implement and is likewise not a candidate for inclusion
in 5.0.)

>2. a noreg feature for channels, allowing admins set a noreg flag for
>certain channels.

     Just register such channels yourself and set NOEXPIRE on them.

>E.g. #*help*,

     I don't see a need to use wildcards--if someone creates a channel you
don't want around, shut it down yourself or take whatever action is
appropriate for your network.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/