[IRCServices Coding] Coding Modules HOWTO:

Olly olly at avansys.co.uk
Sun Nov 24 02:53:03 PST 2002

Andy

I take your point re: ability. I have already stated that I am in no way
good enough to even shine your shoes, and should stick to scripting. Much of
what seems obvious to you, appears obfusticated and confusing to me. But as
I've previously pointed out. I'm all we have just now  :?P

I have, and still am reading the manual. Unlike many that post to these
things I do make the effort. However I did not mean to disparage your good
works, in fact you actually comment far more then most others do, but it is
nonetheless true that you still fall into the trap of assuming that we have
your intelligence, and can guess much of what is required from experience.
Some of us unfortunately need crutches, and whilst I did manage to garner
some of the information from HelpServ myself. I felt I was really hanging
out there with my guesses, and could not determine for the life of me how to
add commands. I have recieved a few excellent modules from Craig (AKA Brain)
based on HelpServ (the module I myself had already chosen as the possible
basis for my attempts at ruining services, as it seems the most likeliy to
succeed), and I may now be able to get a head start on this thing. However,
if there are any other modules out there for me to get my grubby little cut
and paste on, I wouild be extremely grateful. I can't emphasise enough how
helpful it would be for me to be able to see examples of real coders at work
;?) I can assure you that I would respect any restrictions placed on me re:
use, copyrights etc.

My suggestion, if you will allow, is to put together a skeleton module like
the Unreal people do, and comment that. It should take very little time, as
it would probably be based on HelpServ. and would give people like me the
kickstart they need.

Thanks for your forebearance.

Olly