[IRCServices Coding] Verbose

Noam M. noam_m at bezeqint.net
Sun Nov 24 22:38:36 PST 2002

Aragon Gouveia wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Along the same lines, what I'd really like to see is more logging features
>in ircservices. I'd love services to log access level changes, akick
>changes, foundership changes, as much as possible and all switchable from the
>config file(s).

this is also a nice idea, but if access/akick changes are logged - it
must be configureable thru the config, a ~6000 user network is not gonna
want to log this if they are sane :p

>Perhaps even to split the logging up into multiple log files, one for each
>services bot (nickserv.log, chanserv.log, etc.).

yes thats a good thought, and a services.log for server<>services
notices and such not relating any specific bot.

>The below is a good idea, but sometimes it may not be enough. It's useful to
>have some objective information to refer to when dealing with channel config
>confusion/conflict/abuse.
>

>Thanks,
>Aragon

Noam M.