[IRCServices Coding] New IRC Services project

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Thu Dec 19 13:00:23 PST 2002

| By Finny Merrill <griever at t2n.org>
|                                          [ 2002-12-19 22:48 +0200 ]
>
> This is why you would implement a memory cache. Dalnet doesn't  seem to
> have a problem with it and they use SQL databases...

If the SQL data were cached by services, how would one accomodate for another
process to write changes to the databases while services is running?  I'd
imagine it wouldn't be easy.  Services would have to query the database
before each update and compare its cached copy with the copy from SQL.  And
from there decide what to do with any differences?

Regards,
Aragon