[IRCServices Coding] Backup Services

thebeast thebeast at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 6 13:01:52 PST 2003

>>I know I'm going to run into that RTFM FlamePit, but I tried and tried to
>>understand how to run a backup Services, and I can't see it at all. Is it
>>possible?
>>How can I make it so that if the main Services goes down, a backup can
take
>>over?

>     Services doesn't have the ability to do this built in; you'd have to
>manually start up a copy of Services on another server.  You could
>partially automate the process by, say, having a bot that periodically
>checks whether Services is still linked to the network, and if it
>disappears,  starts up another copy of Services on its own machine.

Whe have already created a small script to downloading the xml dump from the
online
ircservices and that create  a complet new database on the backup
ircservices
and working great for us the backup ircservices must we start by hand
to exclude that the backupservices will start with a small netsplit and so
the ircd servers
not can't connect again.
if you are intrested for the script mail me and i will send it to you Andrew