[IRCServices Coding] get_nickinfo like functions suggestion

Finny Merrill griever at t2n.org
Wed Jun 25 15:49:27 PDT 2003

> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:35:53 JST, Andrew Church <achurch at achurch.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Easy counterexample: /os akill add luser@*.example.com (where it
>> would definitely _not_ be proper to use out-of-date data)
>>

> I know, that's why one wouldn't use those functions in akill add.

My point is that there ARE times when it wouldn't cause any damage
to use out-of-date data, such times are relatively common, and doing
so would definitely speed up caching.

In retrospect, I think that get_cache_* would be a much better
name, because there are times where even if you AREN'T modifying it,
it would be better to use the regular get_*. The name would be up
to you.