[IRCServices Coding] Mass memos

M mark at ctcp.net
Wed Aug 13 15:38:09 PDT 2003

Russell Garrett wrote:
> I think he's suggesting introducing a pause before services
> sends the notice, so that a user can have all their
> registration and channel joining out of the way, so that it
> appears at the bottom of a window full of rubbish. Which
> doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

But an impossible one. What about unregistered users - do they never get
the news? Users that join a channel manually rather than in perform so
would potentially join at this "delay" point?

Such a delay would be unlikely to make any difference but would make an
additional overhead on services while it maintains a list of recently
connected users in order to later send a message to them.

A lot of things that might not sound like a bad idea need a lot more
thought before considering for implementation.

M.

---