[IRCServices Coding] Language

Russell Garrett rg at tcslon.com
Sun Aug 17 14:09:42 PDT 2003

> Find the english language file in the source..
>
> Read the warnings about format etc, and work with that :)

A sort-of-related matter - I have a few patches against the English language
file to change such stuff as /msg nickserv to /nickserv, partly for neatness
and partly because /msging services is generally bad practice where networks
have more secure aliases. It's sort of painful to keep up to date though,
since every time the language file changes I have to fiddle about patching
it.

I wonder if it would be worth integrating such a thing into services as an
option (compile-time maybe?). I think it would be good for the irc community
as a whole to get away from the habit of msging services directly if at all
possible. Opinions?

Russ