[IRCServices Coding] Bug or misunderstood ?

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Nov 5 13:20:15 PST 2003

>Im using unreal ircd. When channel is empty and if channel owner joins
>his/her registered channel it does
>(ChanServ sets mode: +ntrq nick) but when channel is not empty and if
>channel owner joins his/her registered channel it does (ChanServ sets mode:
>+oq nick nick). As you see on the first one there is no +o and because of
>this chanserv does not update the last_used time because chanserv is set to
>update last_used time with +o (CUMODE_o) so channels drop while channel
>owners use them. Is this a bug or my misunderstood ?

     This is a bug; I've fixed it for the next release, thanks for the
report.  As regards your other message, not setting the last-used time for
+a/+q users is designed behavior (see section 3-2-1 of the manual: "`used'
means that a user with auto-op privileges ... has entered the channel"), as
well as unnecessary in typical channel settings (where +a users are a
subset of +o users), but if you have any better suggestions on how to
determine when a channel is being used by proper users as opposed to (for
example) spammers or people just entering to see if the channel is
available, I'm willing to listen.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/