[IRCServices Coding] Event ordering

Craig Edwards brain at brainbox.winbot.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 09:18:14 PST 2003

Hi...

We've developed a simple hostserv module, and we have hooked onto the 'nickserv identify' event... however....
because of the ordering of callbacks etc, the hostserv system is called AFTER nickserv autojoin etc, meaning that users using nickserv autojoin join channels with their 'normal' hostmask. Would it be possible in a future version of ircservices to have some way to alter the priorities of modules/callbacks and/or have some form of event queue, so in this case we could set the priority of hostserv above that of nickserv/autojoin etc? It might be useful in other circumstances too :-)

Thanks,
Brain

---
http://www.chatspike.net