[IRCServices Coding] ChanServ suggestion

Craig McLure Craig at chatspike.net
Tue Apr 13 17:33:30 PDT 2004

The problem with 'Patches' are that Andy wont support the version of services you are using (even if the bug being discussed is a services one, additional code makes GDB a pain in the ass), and (Depending on the size), it could cause problems with future official Patches.

I find modules much easier to maintain too.

The only downside may be the additional overhead (but from what i've seen and coded, this overhead is minimal).

But i agree, a patch would be best for this. Its hard to balance the advantages / disadvantages thou.

 *     Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
 * InspIRCd   - http://www.inspircd.org  - REVIVED
 * ChatSpike  - http://www.chatspike.net
 * Sent    - 2004-04-13 23:12:27
 * Subject - RE: [IRCServices Coding] ChanServ suggestion

/****** - Begin Original Message - ******/