[IRCServices Coding] md5 licensing

Tim Retout tim at retout.co.uk
Wed May 16 05:55:10 PDT 2007

The copyright notice on the md5 hashing code used in ircservices does
not grant a licence to redistribute modified versions. The clause about
mentioning "RSA Data Security, Inc." looks GPL-incompatible to me as
well. The same code was removed from Apache last year:
http://bugs.debian.org/340538

Please review this patch (against 5.1pre1) to port the md5 code to an
implementation licensed under a revised-BSD-style licence, found at:

I have tested it briefly, and it seems to work.

Thanks,

--
Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk>