[IRCServices] Recommendations

Scott Seufert scotts at qx.net
Thu Sep 9 11:03:35 PDT 1999

a great solution is if you like Elite, to try Cyclone ircd. It's used on
slashdot's IRC network you can get a copy from slashdot there is a patch
that is needed for services though it isn't tough apply. Cyclone is based on
an older DALnet DreamForge and won't work with GeoStats,I wasn't that
impressed with GeoStats personally, Cyclone uses host masking very well and
services don't have a problem with it. you can search www.slashdot.org for
cyclone IRCD and the services patch needed for andy church's services is
there as well.