[IRCServices] ping timeouts..

Tyson La Tourrette tower at oit.pdx.edu
Thu Sep 9 21:13:14 PDT 1999

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Andy Church wrote:

> >Here is a log from startup to timeout.
> >
> >[Sep 08 07:31:03 1999] Services 4.3pre4 (compiled for ircd.dal 4.4.15+) starting up
[...]
> >[Sep 08 07:36:13 1999] unknown message from server (NG :zealot.cat.pdx.edu)
>
>      That's five minutes (and 10 seconds) from startup to ping.  I don't know
> what your ircd thinks it's doing with the Y:line, but in any case, just set
> ReadTimeout in services.conf to a larger value (like 6 minutes).

The funny thing is is that if I run services with -debug it will timeout
in about 15-30 seconds. As far as I can tell messages will get randomlly
garbled. it doesn't matter how long it has been idle or running. I am
going to recompile both df and services and see if that helps..

I've bumped ReadTimeout to 10 minutes. Problems havent changed..

If anyone wants to look over some logs and configs feel free to ask. =)

Thanks everyone for your help.

Tyson