[IRCServices] Signal 11.

Tyson La Tourrette tower at oit.pdx.edu
Sat Sep 18 15:25:14 PDT 1999

Here is the signal table (at least on my box).

     The signals currently defined by  <signal.h> are as follows:
     Name             Value   Default    Event
     SIGHUP           1       Exit       Hangup (see termio(7I))
     SIGINT           2       Exit       Interrupt (see termio(7I))
     SIGQUIT          3       Core       Quit (see termio(7I))
     SIGILL           4       Core       Illegal Instruction
     SIGTRAP          5       Core       Trace or Breakpoint Trap
     SIGABRT          6       Core       Abort
     SIGEMT           7       Core       Emulation Trap
     SIGFPE           8       Core       Arithmetic Exception
     SIGKILL          9       Exit       Killed
     SIGBUS           10      Core       Bus Error
     SIGSEGV          11      Core       Segmentation Fault
     SIGSYS           12      Core       Bad System Call
     SIGPIPE          13      Exit       Broken Pipe
     SIGALRM          14      Exit       Alarm Clock
     SIGTERM          15      Exit       Terminated
     SIGUSR1          16      Exit       User Signal 1
     SIGUSR2          17      Exit       User Signal 2
     SIGCHLD          18      Ignore     Child Status Changed
     SIGPWR           19      Ignore     Power Fail or Restart
     SIGWINCH         20      Ignore     Window Size Change
     SIGURG           21      Ignore     Urgent Socket Condition
     SIGPOLL          22      Exit       Pollable Event (see streamio(7I))
     SIGSTOP          23      Stop       Stopped (signal)
     SIGTSTP          24      Stop       Stopped (user) (see termio(7I))
     SIGCONT          25      Ignore     Continued
     SIGTTIN          26      Stop       Stopped (tty input) (see termio(7I))
     SIGTTOU          27      Stop       Stopped (tty output) (see termio(7I))
     SIGVTALRM        28      Exit       Virtual Timer Expired
     SIGPROF          29      Exit       Profiling Timer Expired
     SIGXCPU          30      Core       CPU   time   limit   exceeded    (see
                                         getrlimit(2))
     SIGXFSZ          31      Core       File   size   limit   exceeded   (see
                                         getrlimit(2))
     SIGWAITING       32      Ignore     Concurrency   signal   reserved    by
                                         threads library
     SIGLWP           33      Ignore     Inter-LWP signal reserved by  threads
                                         library
     SIGFREEZE        34      Ignore     Check point Freeze
     SIGTHAW          35      Ignore     Check point Thaw

So signal 11 is a seg fault. Hmmm, you could examine the core dump. What is happening when services crash?