[IRCServices] Greetings

Scott Seufert scotts at flamebait.org
Tue Sep 28 08:16:03 PDT 1999

 UnderNet style bots handle this task daily, and on much larger networks.
CServe/Uworld written by Deven just a few short years ago use umode +d. K9
from ChatNet isn't blind to channel traffic, X/W from UnderNet work just
fine, OtherNet bot (a spin off of Deven's bots) also use umode +d. Each of
these networks have thousands of users.

----------
>From: "Pinto, Joao Luis (J.)" <jpinto9 at visteon.com>
>To: "'ircservices at ender.shadowfire.org'" <ircservices at ender.shadowfire.org>
>Subject: RE: [IRCServices] Greetings
>Date: Tue, Sep 28, 1999, 12:26 AM
>

> Even umode +d, I didn't look is implementation but I think the filtering of
> messages would is made locally, so services as a server will always receive
> the message.
>

> João Luís Marques Pinto
> PTlink Tech - Lamego at PTlink.net
> http://www.PTlink.net