[IRCServices] umode +d !

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Sep 30 06:27:44 PDT 1999

Hello,

To the umode problem :
There is ONLY ircu supporting the usermode +d to be interpreted as +deaf.
The umode +d of Hybrid, therefore also of Bahamut means +debug
and NOT +deaf, therefore, on Bahamut, services clients would of course
receive PRIVMSG's sent to a channel.

Additionally, Services is not at the moment compatible with Bahamut,
nor you can make it work with Hybrid.

AND

I personally read the conversation about services trying to join a channel, or even joining a channel,
But I did not yet tell my opinion about it.
In order to let ChanServ act as a Channel Bot, you do not need it join a channel.
Because as services is Ulined, it has enough power to control, even not being in a channel.
The PRIVMSG traffic services will receive, if any client of it joins a channel is therefore
completely unnecessary.

If there is a need of Bots, you have to use other software, specially designed to act as a bot.

Regards,
Yusuf Iskenderoglu
ICQ : 20587464
eMail : uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de