[IRCServices] New IRC protocol revised

Ian R. Justman ianj at esper.net
Thu Sep 30 15:33:14 PDT 1999

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Andrew Church wrote:

>      I've revised my new IRC protocol definition again; the URL is (still)
> http://achurch.dragonfire.net/irc3/ .  Comments are welcome, appreciated,
> and in fact longed for. (:  There's still one big unresolved point dealing
> with cyclic networks, but I'm thinking of submitting it as an Internet
> Draft in the near future anyway, just to see what kind of feedback I get.
>
>      Incidentally, I seem to recall someone on this list saying they were
> working on developing a server using this new protocol.  Are you out there
> somewhere or is it just my wishful thinking acting up again?

Kelmar on EsperNet's already hard at work implementing this protocol.  In
fact, I just memoed him about this recent revision.

--Ian R. Justman, Co-Founder and Postmaster, The EsperNet IRC Network.

-----
Ian R. Justman (NIC handle IJ12)  ianj at esper.net (Official EsperNet business)
Co-Founder and Postmaster, The EsperNet IRC Network
Server Administrator, chocobo.esper.net "IJ" on IRC

PGP key available upon request, or finger ianj at esper.net.

If this message was signed with the Postmaster's key, please finger
postmaster at esper.net for the Postmaster public key.

Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024/BAB34B69 1997/11/15 EsperNet Postmaster <postmaster at esper.net>
            Key fingerprint = 05 BD 7C B5 8E 0B FD EF  EE 47 49 C4 96 11 59 75