[IRCServices] preventing global akicks

Gregory L King gregk at netsport.org
Thu Sep 30 21:59:53 PDT 1999

Im having some trouble with malicious operators adding global akicks on
the channel list.  I want to prevent this, but other than adding a test
for every possible combination of global mask, is there an easier way?

I modified the chanserv.c code a little as follows...

if (!stricmp(mask, "*!*@*") || !stricmp(mask, "*@*") ||
!stricmp(mask,"*@**") || !stricmp(mask,"*@*.*")) {
                send_msg(s_ChanServ, u->nick, "Your akick mask is to
broad.");
                log("%s: %s tried to akick add %s on %s!", s_ChanServ,
u->nick,
                mask, chan);
                wallops(s_ChanServ, "%s tried to akick add %s on %s!",
u->nick,
                mask, chan);
                return;
        }

but, is there a better way to prevent a global ban (I know, tell the
founders to select better operators, but in the mean time?!)