[IRCServices] bug: where's the topic and modes?

Andrew Church achurch at dragonfire.net
Wed Oct 20 22:28:17 PDT 1999

     As some have mentioned, I suspect this is a desync problem--it looks
like Services thinks there are some users on the channel when there aren't
any in reality, and that's why a CLEAR USERS would have fixed the problem.
There might be something in the log file at that point along the lines of
"SomeNick isn't on channel #somechannel" (reported by the uplink server).
I recall getting the impression at some point that that problem was more
frequent with Undernet-based IRC servers, but that could be my imagination.
This could also be related to the problem reported earlier where Services
inputs only part of a line and attempts to process it, resulting in some
IRC messages not getting processed.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at dragonfire.net
    http://achurch.dragonfire.net/