[IRCServices] cpu consumption

Gaven Cohen dragon at wastelands.net
Wed Oct 27 03:48:33 PDT 1999

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Andrew Kempe wrote:

> Although I've not been able to reproduce these problems, they seem to be
> happening when running with modified ircds or when U:lines have not been
> setup correctly.

Well, somewhere along the line, services is going into an infinite loop...
hence why it wont respond to the server's ping (and thus get disconnected)
and why its using so much CPU.

If we can work out how to reproduce it, the problem will be alot easier to
find (and fix).

If anyone wants to run services under gdb and atleast find out in which
prodecure the loop is in...  would help lots :)

- Gaven

---
Gaven Cohen aka Kinslayer <dragon at wastelands.net> www.wastelands.net
freelance sysadmin/programmer HABONIM DROR linux, fantasy enthusiast
RSA/1024 0xFC82B78F 4B 43 3C 20 47 58 AF AC  DB 1E 7F 6E 64 08 15 7E